Name:
Location: Ona, West Virginia, United States

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Why Blog?

Saturday, while I was flying high above the clouds, it was as though God and I were sitting next to each other and I was bursting with thoughts. I've felt for a long time that I need to start putting some of my ideas in writing. This is a bit dangerous; I might reveal a side of me people don't know. At first the idea of blogging was not appealing at all. Why would anyone put their thoughts on the world wide web for everyone to see? It took me months before I even read any blogs. I thought Delilah was plumb off her rocker for being so open with her thoughts. Since I have started reading Jake, Delilah, and Tim's blogs, I have seen what a great opportunity blogging is to express thoughts and get to know each other better. For weeks I've felt compelled to start blogging.

In my "God time" I had on the plane I was overwhelmed by all the ways we have been blessed. Linda and I were on our way back from a few days visiting some very special people in Florida. We reconnected with Linda's aunt who we hadn't seen in in 20 years. Thanks to aunt Nancy (Linda's sister) we discovered Aunt Polly was living in Florida near where we were traveling. It turns out that while we lived in Florida, we were practically neighbors and didn't know. We were not aware how ill aunt Polly was until we got there. She is in an advanced stage of cancer and probably will soon go to be with the Lord. The time we spent with her was real special; it was obvious that our being there really touched her. As I reflected on this I realized the blessing was ours. What a great time we had sharing the past with her, Malinda (her sister), and her children. Her kids did not know who we were nor would we have recognized them. (The last time we saw them they were in third grade.)

This is truly fitting to the title (rambling); don't you think? Well, work is calling me. Can't ramble much longer. This is a little of the background to why I feel compelled to ramble. We have had the good fortune to have a life filled with very special people and have been very negligent in keeping in touch. I feel compelled to share my thoughts for whomever wants to read my ramblings and hope to be a blessing to our kids, grand kids, extended family, friends, and whomever might stumble upon these ramblings. The nice thing about blogging is that no one has to read this, so I will not bore those who do not wish to be bored. If anyone who reads this has anything in particular that you would like me to share, let me know!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

Off to a good start.

2:05 PM  
Blogger delilah said...

I'm very happy you started a blog. I can't believe you were writing at 5:20 A.M. And you think I am off MY rocker?

6:49 PM  
Blogger Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

Everyone on the Miller family is off their rock you just need to accept it now and life will go much smoother. And yes the guy is up at the butt crack of dawn. I concur, you are off to a good start. It won't take you long to get spammed. I would turn on the comment authentication thing.

5:19 AM  
Blogger delilah said...

Okay Applehead...your comment is at 5:19 A.M. What is wrong with you guys? Don't you sleep?

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home