Name:
Location: Ona, West Virginia, United States

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Life in the woods

Good Morning Everyone! Just thought maybe I should start jotting down some thoughts. I love living here but it is a lot more hectic than I hoped it would be. What was I thinking? Just because you move to West Virginia things will slow down? Life has a lot more to do with how we manage than our circumstances. Didn't that wise apostle say something about being content no matter what our circumstances?

I feel the pressure of needing to get things done. I started to create a "to do" list and became rather discouraged. We will need to devote a lot more time to the "to do" list if we are going to make any serious impact on it. Or maybe we should just chuck it and just tackle whatever we feel like doing at the time (if we feel like doing anything?)

Of course if I had more energy maybe things would go faster. It seems as though I used to be able to get 10 times as much done in a day as I do now. Of course, then I neglected some of the most important things in life (thought I didn't have time for them). Hmmm I think hanging out with the grand kids is more important than having a new house. What do you think? If I would have spent 1/2 the time with our own kids as I do with the grand kids....well I really can't complain, they turned out great in spite of circumstances. Not perfect but way better than their old man. Of course that is due to the influence of the best woman in the world (their mother). By the way Linda is excelling at work! Last month she was number one in performance among about 160 employees!!!!!

Oh yea, there is the solution! When she moves up the laddder and starts making the big bucks I won't have to work anymore. Having 30-60 more hours per week to work on the "to do " list would make a great difference.

It is starting to get light out. Time to go:
1. put a new exhaust system on the van (should be the last one it has 204000 miles on it)
2. go look at a double wide to move in for Eric
3. take care of the animals
4. pour some foundation at the barn
5. fix Eric's headlight
6. finish putting the swing set together
7. help butcher the deer that Tim and Terry are harvesting this morning
8. Rewire the heat pump on the double wide

Better get going I'm burning day light, I'll add to the list as I go!

See Ya!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

Just remember haste makes waste.

You are a great father and are a great papaw

9:07 AM  
Blogger Papaw said...

Now, you know I cry easily! Thank you!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home